Can You Really Achieve Your Goal?
Make sure you’re not succumbing to one of these five common fallacies:
No, you can’t have it all
- The Hard-Work Fallacy: Believing that determined effort will compensate for your shortcomings
- The Smarts Fallacy: Thinking that general intelligence translates into specific skills
- The Magnification Fallacy: Assuming that your particular talent is somehow more special than your peers’
- The Passion Fallacy: Believing you’re good at things just because you really enjoy them or because they are immensely important to you
- The “Wishing Will Make it So” Fallacy: Convincing yourself that success (for you, anyway) will be easy